Department Of Geography
- Quest for quality in teaching–learning and research to achieve the excellence in the subject of Geography.
- Motive the students to study of Geographical phenomena at global, national, regional and local level.
- To developed scientific attitude among the students.
- To provide a platform to the students to enhance their skill through field visits, surveys.
Programme Outcomes (PO):
At the end of the Program, students will be able to:
- POs 1: Basic knowledge: apply and analyse the knowledge of basic in physical and human Geography.
- POs 2: Identify study of Relief, to understand terms and particular concepts in weather and climatology.
- POs 3: Impart in-depth knowledge of the various aspects in Geography.
- POs 4: Critical Thinking: Understand the working principles of all subjects and have experimental skill in different fields of geography.
- POs 5: Effective communication: Apply the basic knowledge in settlement, agriculture, industries, tourism and cultural geography.
- POs 6: Modern tool usage: To understand and analyzed the knowledge of in remote sensing, Geographical information system (GIS).
- POs 7:Understand, identify and analyzed the knowledge such as, origin of the Earth, formation of mountains features as well as different types of weather, concepts in economic Geography, relationship between environment and human activity etc.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) Of Geograpgy
The principal aims of objectives of the BA Geograpgy programme are:
- PSOs 1: Understand the working principles, design guidelines and experimental skills associated with different fields of Geography.
- PSOs 2: Surveyor in cartographer in map making divisions of Government.
- PSOs 3: Serve as conservator in forest, Soil, Agricultural Departments.
- PSOs 4: Identify and understand environment and population.
- PSOs 5: Work in disaster and water resources management.
Prof. Miss. UGALE S. D.
Designation : Assi. Prof. (HOD)
Qualification : M.A.,NET., M.Sc. (Geoinformatics)
Experience :5 Years
Email : [email protected]
Mobile No : 9922469855
Mr. V.R. Mindhe
Designation : Assi. Prof.
Qualification : M.A., B.Ed., NET, SET
Experience :10 Years
Email : [email protected]
Mobile No : 9975579430
|Name Of Department||Geography|
|Year Of Establishment||1966|
|Success Rate of Students||61.5%|
|Number of Books in Department Library||Nil|
|Number Of Computer||1|
|1||S.Y. B. A. Geography of Disaster Management (SEC)||-||Academic|
|2||S.Y. B. A. Tourism Geography (SEC)||-||Academic|
|1||Introduction to Map and Scale|
|2||Geographical Information System|
|3||Principles of Remote Sensing|
|4||Introduction to GIS Software|
- Avishkar - (2019-2020)
- Geography Day(3D Models and Poster Presentation)(2019-2020)
- Excursion Tour (2019-2020)
- Celebration of Population Day (2020-2021)
- Celebration of Geography Day(2020-2021)
- Celebration of Environment Day(2020-2021)
- Plantation Coding.(2020-2021)
|#||Year||Name of Conference||Name of the College||Presented Paper|
|1||2015-16||10th, 11th & 12th Mar 2016 National Seminar-Yashwantrao Chavan-Vichar aani Varasa||Sdguru Gadge Maharaj College, Karad||Ma. Yashwantrao Chavan-ek Sahitik|
|2||2016-17||30th & 31st Jan 2017 National Seminar- Changing Indian Foreign Policy||Annasaheb Awate Arts, Commerce and Hutatma Babu Genu Science College,Manchar||Determinants of Indian Foreign Policy|
|3||2016-17||17th & 18th Feb 2017 International Seminar||Laxmibai Bhaurao Patil, Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Solapur (MH)||Educational Powers of Dr. Babsaheb Ambedkar|
|4||2016-17||national seminar||SSC College Junnar||ground water level in pune district|
|5||2020-21||National Conference 11 & 12 February 2021||Annasaheb Awate Arts, Commerce and Hutatma Babu Genu Science College,Manchar, Pune||Study of Rainfall variability on Pune District.|